My long awaited Vogue Parody is here. Thank you for all of the nominations!
I must admit that I hesitated to accept this invitation because it strays from the focus of my blog. However, I do love reading about my favorite bloggers; and I thought with three nominations, I should indulge my peers. For those of you who don’t know what this is about; the Vogue Parody is meant to be a rapid fire look into someone’s personal life (typically a celebrity).
I tried to keep within my travel theme, but these questions are so personal I had to mix it up a bit. Enjoy!
I am really thankful to have stumbled into a terrific community of bloggers and tweeters. Over the past few months three different superstars nominated me for the Vogue Parody. Each one of them is unique and interesting. I strongly encourage you to check them out on one, two or all three of these platforms and connect.
Let the questioning begin…
1. What’s your usual Starbucks order? I couldn’t afford our adventures if I kept buying $3 cups of tea! If I do splurge it is on a plain green tea that somehow has enough caffeine to keep me awake for days. (Might be a good suggestion for a long road trip with multiple stops.)
2. What does your workstation look like? A comfy couch with dogs slumbering by my side.
3. Favourite food? Fruit, whole grains, and things that travel well without expiring too quickly or easily!
4. Favourite author? Classic…Tolstoy
5. What do you think of open relationships? Whatever makes you happy.
6. What is your favourite video game? There’s no time for video games when you’re out adventuring!
7. Guilty pleasure treat? Hotel Room.
8. Favourite movie? Anything that makes my family laugh.
9. Favourite book? Anna Karenina
10. Twitter or Instagram? Yes
11. Desktop or laptop? IPad
12. Best advice you’ve ever received? Still waiting. Here’s a few that ring true…
There’s an ass for every seat.
Life is like a shit sandwich… The more “bread” you have, the less “shit” you have to taste.
Everyone’s time is valuable.
Time is the most precious commodity in the world.
13. What project are you working on right now? Increasing my social media presence and maintaining my writing output. This would be a lot easier if I were… (refer to #16).
14. Favourite colour? The colors of nature
15. Did you get good grades in school? Only when I was interested or had something to prove. School was a bore.
16. Dream job? Billionaire Philanthropist Supermodel
17. Play any sports? Not much anymore, but I love to hike, bike, play in the ocean, climb lighthouses, and study martial arts
18. Do you have a degree? Yes.
19. Nationality? 2nd generation American with lots of pasty white European genetics—Scandinavian, Polish, Russian, German, Irish…
20. What is your favourite kind of blog post? One that’s written well and from the heart.
21. What do you like to collect? Seashells, Christmas Ornaments, old or odd Teddy Bears.
22. Describe yourself in three words? Personable, Indomitable, Empathic
23. If you were a rapper what would your stage name be? Mother Nature or Hell Hath No Fury (Wait! Hell Hath No Fury can be the first release!)
24. Who was the last person you DMed? My daughter, but wouldn’t I sound so much more interesting if I had said Benedict Cumberbatch.
25. What’s on top of your wish list right now? World Peace
26. Sorting house? Gryffindor, but I have a feeling I’d just be hanging out with Hagrid.
27. How many tattoos do you have? Four that I care to mention.
28. What are you most grateful for this year? Rebuilding my life. Moving on. Breathing.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month? I swam in the Atlantic Ocean.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today? Had some time to myself.
31. What’s the best thing ever? Freedom
32. Favourite season? Fall. Corduroys and sweaters, fall foliage, and cooler temperatures for adventure!
33. Favourite holiday? Christmas! I’m addicted to the decorations. Currently collecting one from each adventure.
34. What fictional character do you relate to most? Daredevil and then Sherlock Holmes. I’d like to say Wonder Woman, but her back story isn’t turbulent enough.
35. Do you like surprises? No, unless it’s discovering a waterfall on a hike.
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had? Being nominated by multiple people for the Vogue Parody!
37. Which surprise made you cry? Learning that my pinky toe could snap like a baby carrot after walking into a fireplace hearth.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve given somebody else? My daughter is the easiest to surprise and anything I would find for her chihuahua was always a dramatically happy surprise.
39. Do you like muffins? Yes, especially blueberry. Great treats for travel.
40. Do you cook often? As often as I can. On traveling adventures I bring a jet boil for tea and hot water and use the grill if needed. I mostly prefer to pack meals that don’t require refrigeration when we go on an adventure since we’re “roughing it” most of the time.
41. What’s your favourite dessert? Who doesn’t like a nice toasted marshmallow on a camping trip?!
42. Is there a desert you don’t like? Fried ice cream tops the list. Why would you do that?
43. Cake or pie? Cake travels better and can be eaten without utensils!
44. What’s your least favourite food? Most meats.
45. What’s your favourite condiment? Salt. (Does that count? I mean they fought wars over this stuff. It’s that good!)
46. It’s 4am on a random Saturday. What are you eating? 4:00am?!! (Oh I forgot. This was designed for celebrities.) I’m definitely sleeping at this time. If not, I’m consuming some magnesium with a glass of water so I can get to sleep.
47. If you could teach a college class what would it be called? Common Sense.
48. Best animated film? I love animated film! This is impossible to answer! I’ll go with my favorite childhood animated classic…The Last Unicorn.
49. What has a guy done or said to impress you? Absolutely nothing! Words mean nothing. Actions are everything.
50. Best thing to do on a first date? Outdoor adventure. You learn a lot about someone when you watch and listen, especially if there’s some obstacles involved.
51. Worst thing to do on a first date? Go to the movies. You will learn very little about someone sitting still, being quiet, in the dark, and preoccupied with a show.
52. What’s the best pick-up line? Haven’t heard it yet.
53. Best comic book character? Wonder Woman.
54. Name three things which can always be found in your purse. Chapstick, Wallet, Keys.
55. Favourite drink? Water
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie who would it be? Gloria Steinem? Eleanor Roosevelt? A woman with grit and chutzpah!
57. Kittens or puppies? Puppies! You rarely see people take their cats on adventures.
58. Favoruite sushi roll? None. I’m an outdoor adventurist, not a food adventurist.
59. What lipstick do you use? Blistex is my go to for all my travel needs!
60. What foundation do you use? Clarins tinted moisturizers are all an outdoor girl needs.
61. Blow dry or air dry? No point in packing a blow dryer for an adventure! It takes up too much space.
62. Who is your fashion icon? I’ve always loved the classic beauty of Katherine Hepburn, but I’m more of an eighties rock star kind of girl.
63. Favourite Disney Character? Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Winnie the Pooh & Eeyore
64. What are you doing tomorrow? Making money and planning a trip.
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through? Elf
66. Movie that made you cry? The Lion KIng
67. If you could sing a duet with anybody, who would you choose? Prince
68. If your life was a song what would the title be? You gotta keep on keeping on (by Mother Nature on her debut LP Hell Hath No Fury).
69. What’s your favourite animal? I haven’t met an animal I didn’t love.
70. Favourite illustrator? Again…this field is so vast! My quick answer is Maurice Sendak because I am a wild thing.
71. Person you’d like to have coffee with? Robert Deniro
72. What country would you like to visit? So many! Iceland, Australia, Germany…
73. Best way to decompress? Hands down..the beach.
I encourage the following nominees to enjoy this praise of nomination and have fun with these same questions. Be creative! Mix it up! Truth or Lie! Entertain me!