What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
This aptly named award is given as a way to promote community by recognizing those who inspire creativity, positivity, and who bring sunshine to the blogging community and their readership. It is given from bloggers to bloggers. The recipient shares pieces of themselves by answering questions prompted by their nominator, thus connecting them more to the universe. A Sunshine Blogger recipient is most likely creative, talented and entertaining.
Thank you, Tilly!
Tilly from “We, the Humankind” was so kind in nominating me for this beautiful award. Thank you, Tilly, for the honor and the kinship.
“We, the Humankind” is about Tilly’s journey towards living a kinder life. She posts about minimalism, veganism, relationships and her other experiences in her journey of evolving her human form to be a much kinder, gentler soul. Her hope for humanity makes her perfect for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Check her out and follow for some terrific inspiration and motivation.
Questions “We the Humankind” Wants to Know About Me:
- Why did you start writing?– Why not? I seem to be one of the rare persons that enjoys writing. I enjoy creativity and communicating; the challenge of delivering a “message”; and telling a story in a way that entertains, informs, and inspires.
- What’s your spirit animal and why? I’ve always found a kinship with the Eagle or at least our perception of the Eagle. This majestic bird is powerful and can carry a load heavier than any other bird. I have often felt through my life that I can carry enormous psychological loads and still seem to gracefully soar through the air. They mate for life and fiercely protect their nest. I would also protect my offspring to the death. However, I also love the ocean, so maybe I am feeling more like an Osprey. I admire that Ospreys mate for life and return to the same nest each season together. (Ironically, the Eagle is the one of the natural predator’s of the Osprey.)
- Who in your life do you consider to be a hero/heroine and why?–At this point in my life, I really admire women who have risen above the odds, achieved greatness, and make an impact in the world. Mariska Hargitay is a wonderful role model. She’s mindful of her success on Law & Order SVU and pays it forward with her foundation Joyful Heart which provides support to men and women who have been sexually abused.
- If you could live in a fictional universe, where would you choose?–I would have to assume this question is referring to an already established fictional universe. Without too much thought, I say the DC Universe. I would love to be Wonder Woman!
- What’s your favorite adverb?-Beautifully…beautifully done!.. beautifully created!
- What’s something you’ve always wanted to do, but haven’t yet? – Win an Oscar. I dream of my emotionally charged acceptance speech..”I would like to first, thank my children for being the light in my life and the ever constant support system that has fueled my success. Second, the (insert industry professionals who propelled my career). Lastly, I would like to thank the buggers who tried to keep me down. ‘Every action has an equal and opposite reaction,’ so your efforts to push me down only initiated the projection of my achievements. Thank you. I couldn’t have done it without all of you!” Why haven’t you done it?– I haven’t developed my craft fully enough for such a juicy role on screen.
- What are 3 qualities that you appreciate in yourself?– Perseverance, Honesty, Creativity
- Of all the films you’ve seen, which made you cry the worst?– That’s a tough one. I like action, comedy, suspense…hmmm. In general, touching moments that are genuine bring a tear to my eye. During my second pregnancy, everything I watched made me cry–even commercials. (I just googled a list of the top movies to make you cry. Out of the ones I have actually seen, E.T. and My Girl top the list of ’emotional leaking’ for me.)
- Forest, Mountain, Ocean or Desert?– Ocean without a doubt. It’s kind of a cheat-answer considering where I live–Long Island. We have large ocean beaches with desert-like sand beneath cliffs with special dwarf and sunken forests! The salt air and extra oxygen of the ocean is life affirming.
- What nugget of advice would you give your 13 year old self?— “You are spectacular. Do not listen to the comments made from other people’s jealousy and insecurities. You are exactly who you know you are. Go out and seize your dreams!”
- Which piece of music describes who you are right now?— Pretty much an Alt J album, but I can easily digress to Soundgarden.
My 11 Nominees
(Link to their blog, Twitter account name)
I put forth a lot of effort when choosing nominees. I try to consistently nominate different blogs, choose blogs that may not have received these awards (most difficult since not all post them), and stick to a theme. My theme for this series of nominations is variety; and bloggers who try to spark positivity, improvement and/or cheer on the community. (I was so excited I added a few extra!)
- Family Travel Explore @explorefamily
- Worldly Trekker @worldlytrekker
- Slice of Mellon @slice_of_mellon
- Elissa Renee @31i55a
- Laurie Fentor @lauriex
- R and R Wander @randwander
- Raheela James @bizmom101
- Joannah @joannahsays
- F00dventures @f00dventuresrd
- Cyn @cynspo
- Alyssa @alyssajade_2
- Up and Forward on Purpose @upandforwardla
- Anjelica Travels @angelicatravels
- Where Will You Be in a Year @sherist50235229
- All the Ways You Wander @waysyouwander
Love these nominees and want to check out who I nominated earlier this year…
11 Things I would LOVE to know about my nominees…
- If you could only take one possession with you on a deserted island, what would it be?
- You just created a new color for Crayola. What is the name of this color?
- Did you have a favorite toy or stuffed animal as a child?
- What was the first occupation-related thing you wanted to be when you were growing up?
- What do you see as the three most important factors in becoming a successful blogger?
- What is your idea of a successful blogger?
- Name three strategies or apps that you use to help you market your blog.
- Do any of the answers to the first four questions relate to your blog now?
- If so, how?
- What’s one thing you could do to make your blog even more special?
- Do bloggers who spread positivity make a difference in the world?
The Rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award are as Follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their site.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by your nominator.
- Nominate at least 11 more bloggers for the award and write 11 new, creative questions for your nominees to answer.
- Notify your nominees via social media or by commenting on their blog.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your site or in your post.
Now wow me with your nomination!
I also welcome any visitors to post some of their own answers to the nominees questions here in the comments. I would love to read them and get to know you better.