Meine Lieblinge, ich bin so glücklich!
I find it only fitting to accept this German-named award in its native tongue. I am truly flattered to have been considered for this award. Being a new blogger can be very overwhelming. When I first began my blog, I found it exciting to share my information with the world. As I continued and learned more about blogging, I developed followers and peer relationships. Within months, the pace started to pick up and I was making blocks of time for writing, reading new blog posts, and maintaining a growing social media. Then….my social media contacts started suggesting SEO, Pinterest and “follow trains.” I’m here to tell you, it’s A LOT of work! Respect to all of my blogging peers! And, thank you again, for nominating me for The Liebster Award.
What is the Liebster Award?
“The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
I was nominated by Jessie Carter who is the creator of Welcome to Spanish 1. Her blog “is for every aspiring or in-progress teacher who is looking for some advice.” She has organized her posts into “experiences, tips and tricks, and Spanish fluency.” She has some great content on there for different aspects of teaching and even learning Spanish. Jessie es estupenda! (How was that, Jessie?) Jessie asked me some great personal questions that I loved answering… Gran trabajo, Jessie!
Answer to Jessie Carter’s Questions
- What would be your death-row meal? A cake with a file in it! Is that cheating?
- What is your favorite genre of book to read? Auto-biographies, but Sci-Fi is awesome too!
- If you had an unlimited travel budget, where would you go and for how long? I would choose to live in some of my favorite destinations for a few months at a time and in between each move I would visit the neighboring areas for week-long vacations. I would start at either Hawaii, Berlin, or Iceland.
- Would you prefer to be rich and hated or loved and poor? That’s a tough one. I’m already loved and poor. It might be nice to have a taste of being rich, but I certainly don’t want to be hated. I guess I’ll stick with what I know.
- Why do you blog? I literally have too much to say. I could easily have a few blogs and a podcast with different themes if I didn’t have to spend all of my time at a paying job. I started with adventures in New York because I love it so much and I could not believe how many people live here and have not explored! There’s an unbelievable number of residents that have never been to the Statue of Liberty or know that our state has waterfalls!
- If you could meet anyone alive or dead, who would it be? I’ve given this a lot of thought! I imagine that if I was at a dinner party tonight and I could have anyone at my table, it would be… Jackie Chan, Christopher Walken, Will Ferrell, Robert Deniro, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Prince, and Ruby Rose.
- What’s the most crazy and reckless thing you’ve ever done? I’ve done a lot of crazy and reckless things! I restored a 1978 Corvette when I was a teenager and I raced it on open stretches of highway. I got married, twice! I would lie about my age and wink at bouncers to get into NYC clubs when I was 15! I went to a stunt camp where I learned how to jump off of a three story building and I was shot! by a Playboy Bunny (story for another time)! Ooh. This is getting too risky.
- What’s your favorite blog post that you’ve written? I don’t think I’ve written it yet, but I’m especially fond of my dogs’ interview and my latest about awesome adventures in New York State
- If you had three wishes, what would you wish for? 1. To be able to fly like a superhero 2. Equality on Earth 3. No need for money
- Which would you prefer, living in the city or the country? Yikes! I’m from New York! I’ve already had a taste of living in the city that never sleeps and it’s awesome! However, I do like crisp mountain air and starry nights. Tough one. I’m gonna have to answer by not exactly answering…I prefer to live where I can live my life to its fullest.
- What’s your favorite movie? This one changes all the time. I’ll give a few ideas from my lifetime of viewing… The Sound of Music because you want to sing along to every song and it’s quite romantic. Skyfall because it’s deep and brooding and who doesn’t like a sexy, pouting James Bond kicking ass?! Jackie Chan’s Supercop series because he’s freakin’ amazing and I wish I could do all of my own stunts like him! Elf because it makes me smile and gets a laugh out of me every time.
Since you clearly haven’t learned enough about me from the above answered questions…
I’ve always been driven towards the arts. If I could not create, I would wither. I believe this shows in all of my endeavors. However, there have been many times I have had to put my creativity aside to raise my two irresistible children. They are my supreme motivation. Now that one is grown and independent and the second is almost grown and working on independence, I am able to focus more of my energy on creating. Watch out, World.
My Self-Designed Questions for My Nominees
- If you were the top story of the day, what would the headline be?
- If you were a superhero, what would you choose as your mild-mannered disguise?
- If time travel is possible, does traveling back in time change the timeline or create a parallel timeline?
- If your favorite country made you their ruler, what would your first order of business be?
- If you were a billionaire philanthropist, what charities and/or causes would you support?
- You have been given the authority to rename the internet. What would you call it?
- List your top five favorite smells from trips or adventures you have taken.
11 Bloggers I Nominate:
Blog Link and Twitter Name
Rules For The Liebster Award
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog on your post. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Answer the creative and unique questions given to you. I was given 11, but my research indicates that it started with 5. You pick. I won’t be offended.
- Add a blurb about what motivates you in life (not just in blogging).
- Nominate blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award. I was asked to nominate 11 bloggers for this award–pedazo de pastel. However, you can opt for a more stringent list of 2-6 if you like.
- Create unique questions for your nominees. Again, I was asked for 11 questions, but you can also go with 5. Honestly, I love thinking of questions to ask people that have unlimited answers, yet they strain to think of the right answer anyway!
- List these rules in your post. Well, I embellished the rules a bit. You don’t need to copy this list verbatim.
- Once you have written and published your Liebster Award post… Inform your nominees of their Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post.