“I can’t deny the fact that you like me. Right now, you like me!”
-Sally Field, Oscar for Best Actress, Places in the Heart.
When you pour your blood, sweat and tears into your passions you are bound to have success whether it’s public acknowledgment, self fulfillment, or even monetary gain. Every moment someone acknowledges your hard work or simply chooses to lift you up on a temporary pedestal. It reinforces your drive and determination to make it work.
A Big Thank You
I want to sincerely thank The Tinker Bug for giving me this boost. Her mission is to make life easier, and by being a supportive associate in social media, she definitely accomplishes that goal for me. Thanks, Tinker Bug!
Twitter- @TheTinkerBug @happylilpixels
Pinterest & Facebook- The Tinker Bug
What is the Versatile Blogger Nomination?
Within the blogging community there are several ways to support one another and recognize each other’s talents. You begin by following, then reading, hopefully commenting, retweeting, tagging them in communal posts, and, if you’re really getting involved, nominating them for cool awards like The Versatile Blogger. The only way to nominate is to already have been a nominee. It’s a great way to spread the love and show someone in the blogging community that they are important and worth sharing. No prize money or publicity photos doled out, just straight up appreciation for all of your hard work.
My 15 Nominations
After careful deliberation, I nominate the following bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award. (Apologies if you’ve been nominated before, but maybe you’re just that awesome!) I limited my choices to women, not just because of International Women’s Day, but because the worst experiences I’ve had in business were from other women. We need to support one another, not tear each other down. Here’s my show of support. Check them out and follow away!
- Emily’s Scotland , Instagram & Twitter: @emilysscotland , Pinterest: Emily’s Scotland
- CheChe Winnie , Instagram: @its_winnie_cheche , Twitter: @WinnieCheche
- Debbie Smyth, Travel with Intent , Instagram: @dsmyth55 , Twitter: @travel_intent
- Julie’s Journeys , Instagram: @julie_journeys , FaceBook: Julie Journeys
- The Travel Fairies , Twitter: @TravelFairies
- Sarah, Girl About Europe , Instagram: @girlabouteurope , Twitter: @Girl_About_EU
- Alicia Overseas , Twitter: @AliciaOverseas , Pinterest: Alicia Overseas
- Clarissa Explains It All , Instagram & Twitter: @clarissa_xplain
- Lauren’s Travel Adventures , Twitter: @lduboistravel
- Wandering Crystal , Instagram: wandering_crystal , Twitter: @wandercrystal , Pinterest & Facebook: Wandering Crystal
- Dayma Garcia Garcia , Twitter: @GarciaDayma
- Nomad Women , Instagram: @nomadwomen , Twitter: @donnainsma
- Elisa Perry , Instagram: @the_wannabe+gypsy , Twitter: @thewannabegypsy , Pinterest: The Wannabe Gypsy
- Priyanka Gupta , Instagram: @priyanka_onmycanvas , Twitter: @guptapranky , Pinterest: priyanka_onmycanvas
- A Finn on the Loose , Instagram & Twitter: @afinnontheloose
This was taken straight from the Versatile Blogger Award Wordpress post.
“If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award…
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.”
7 Things About Myself
If you’re reading this, then I’m fascinated with your interest about my life on this earth!
- I want to spread love, joy and peace on this Earth. I wish I could be more like the Dalai Lama. I practice listening, compassion, and global thinking every day. I’m not always successful, but I try.
- I have been a single parent for 26 years. My oldest is close to her PhD in Environmental Biology and my youngest is about to enter High School. They are my greatest joy and greatest accomplishments.
- I have studied the martial arts for 25 years and am quite proficient in kicking ass, but the biggest goal is mastery of self. I’ve won several awards for business, teaching, and, believe it or not, being a woman, but the greatest reward is seeing the confidence my students develop to conquer their fears and goals.
- I collect rare and interesting teddy bears. I have an original Winnie the Pooh, one of the first teddies made at the Knickerbocker Toy Factory, Mishka, the Russian mascot from the 1980 Olympics, and a couple hundred more! Actually, I’ve been cut off by my family from increasing my collection any further.
- I’m not a morning person. I’ll wake up whenever is necessary, but I’m not happy about it.
- I love cars, I love driving and I’m quite good at it. In another life, I could’ve easily been a racer. If I were a millionaire, cars would be my one indulgence. I’ve taught four kids how to drive and they all passed their road test the first time after our lessons. (Not an easy task on Long Island.)
- Tucking myself into freshly laundered bedding is my idea of heaven.
Now it’s your turn to go and inspire…