The Magic of Lights at Jones Beach is a perfect way to spend a crisp winter evening! Everyone in the family can enjoy the leisurely pace of the display as they sit warm and snuggly in the car. Don’t forget some hot cocoa in a thermos as you enjoy the light displays and animations of multiple holiday themes. If you’re up for a little bit more festive interaction, stop by Toyota’s Holiday Village at the end of the display. You can meet Santa, grab some hot cocoa, and more.
- Nov.16-Dec.30 (closed Monday 11/19 & 11/26)
- Mon-Thurs: Dusk to 10pm
- Fri-Sun: Dusk to 11pm
- General Admission: (cars/suv with three row seats or less) carload price
- In Advance $20
- Weekday $25 (price at gate-same)
- Weekend $30 )price at gate-same)
- *plus fees $5 service fee per ticket, print at home is free, delivery charges if mailed to home
- tickets purchased online are good for any show date
- Address: Bay Pkwy, Point Lookout, NY 11569
Things to Note
- Sign up for their email for discounts and promotions
- The drive through is a little over one mile at a very slow pace (5mph average) with some brief stopping. Plan on spending at least 30 minutes here with some additional time at Toyota’s Holiday Village and/or wait time on the entry (if any)
- Be prepared for some extra wait time to enter as you get closer to Christmas weekend
Family Rating ❤️
Cost– This is a great adventure for a budget. It’s one price for a carload of friends and/or family members. You can opt to save some money by buying in advance, visiting on a weekday, and signing up for their email discounts. A family of five can ride in the car together with hot cocoa from home and only spend $25 plus gas for the entire group.
Parking & Transportation– You will need to have a vehicle for this activity or plan a group outing with a friend that has one. This event is directly off the parkways so its easy to get to. There’s no need to park unless you want to visit the Holiday Village (plenty of parking).
Location– This is a great location for this event. It’s centrally located for the bulk of Long Island. It’s also perfect for a light show since it’s alongside the ocean at Jones Beach- no pesky building or street lights to spoil the view.
Day Trip or Overnight– This is neither. This is a quick evening adventure.
Experience– We really enjoyed our adventure through the Magic of Lights. If you like holiday themes and lighted decor, you will love this show. Our family enjoyed hanging out in the car comfortably while we were entertained. This is a wholesome experience that allows for some group bonding.
Combination– This is a great treat after a day of holiday festivities- trimming the tree, holiday shopping, baking cookies, etc. Combined with another holiday task, this really puts you in the holiday spirit!